In the past couple of Sunday Schools we’ve practiced how to dive deeper into the Scriptures by asking 4 excavating questions:
- What does this tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about me/humanity?
- What does this tell me about how I relate to God?
- What does this tell me about how I relate to other people?
Now that we’ve had some practice with these excavating questions, we’re ready to dive into the next set of questions. These questions will help you take what you have dug up from the Scriptures and apply it to your everyday life more concretely. Here are the 4 application questions:
- What does God want me to understand/unlearn?
- What does God want me to believe/hold fast to?
- What does God want me to desire/avoid?
- What does God want me to do/obey?
Answering these questions will help us write our own prayers after each reflection, lead us to ask God for the things we need, to confess the sin that has been revealed, and reclaim the gospel promises that we ought not forget.
Looking forward to practicing this with you all at the upcoming Sunday School.