Many of you are getting back to work/school this week. I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m about to get back to work, I have a bad habit of losing focus on God and turning my work into something God never intended it to be.
Here are a few “Christian truths” I try to remind myself of each day during my personal prayer time.
1. Your battle today is not against your incompetence at work. Your battle is against the heart that wants to rest in your competence.
2. Your workplace is not where God assists you with your goals. Your workplace is where you assist God with His goals.
3. You’re not working to prove your worth. You’re working because God has proven your worth.
4. You don’t have meaning because of your work. Your work has meaning because of you.
5. You’re not in control. Your Heavenly Father is.
Have a great day at work.